Sunday 14 October 2012

Dua: For You alone


Nice Dua I found last night in Mawlaanaa Ashraf Ali Thanawi's 'The Accepted Whispers' (Khalid Baig's translation, page 111):

(1) O Allah, for You alone is all praise.
(2) For You alone is all gratitude.
(3) Yours alone is the entire dominion.
(4) To You alone belongs the entire creation.
(5) All good is in Your hands alone.
(6) And the disposal of all matters ultimately rests in You alone.
(7) I beg You for all good
(8) And I seek protection in You from all evil.

(1) Allahumma lakal-hamdu kulluh(u),
(2) wa lakash-shukru kulluh(u),
(3) wa lakal-mulku kulluh(u),
(4) wa lakal-khalqu kulluh(u),
(5) biyadikal-khayru kulluh(u),
(6) wa ilayka yarji3ul-amru kulluh(u),
(7) as-aluka minal-khayri kullih(i),
(8) wa a3oodhu bika minash-sharri kullih(i).

It's referenced in 'The Accepted Whispers' as having been taken from [Abu Sa'eed al-Khudri. Kanz al-'Ummal #22551].

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Brother Adil,

I just checked out your post related to a Dua'a your found in the book "The Accepted Whispers".

I am going for Hajj in the next 4 days Insha'Allah, and am unable to find this book anywhere in Dubai. I tried searching online as well for an ebook, but all i find is a paperback edition which takes min. 7-10 days to ship to Dubai.

Since I am short on time, was wondering if you had a scanned copy which you could share with me.

Do let me know, Insah'Allah, Allah will reward you in plenty for this.

Jazak'Allah

adil said...

Doing a quick internet search just now I found a scanned copy of an older version:

http://www.slideshare.net/kingabid/munajat-emaqbool-by-shaykh-ashraf-ali-thanvi-ra

adil said...

And all the best for your Hajj Zaheer :) I'm gonna be at the Hajj too. I'm setting off for Madinah (from London) this Monday afternoon. If you want, I can have a look at my local Islamic book shop Monday morning for this book. Let me know.

Unknown said...

Asak.
Thanks for the link, that's the only version I was able to find online, but I was specifically looking for the newer version, translated by Khalid Baig.

I hope it's not too late to ask, but if you could find one and bring it along, I'd really really appreciate it :)

I'll be using my Dubai number there +971 56 6869775. Pls drop me a text and I'll call back.

Thanks for your response bro...and good luck for your Hajj too :)

adil said...

Salaam Zaheer, hope you had a good Hajj. Really really sorry, I had a look for the book before I left but couldn't find it in my local bookshop. I was going to message you on your phone to let you know but didn't have it saved on my phone and didn't have internet so wasn't able to get it from this post. Apologies. And Hajj Mabroor :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for upload this Dua I was in search of this from last one year, but only today found it because of you. Thanks to Almighty.

Anonymous said...

Barakalah oufik.
I learned it trought this blog, it s for you Hassanat

Unknown said...

Alhamdulillhi

Anonymous said...

Ijin mengamalkan yaa kak

Shal kaals kasha said...

Can I get the Audio

Anonymous said...

Very good your job

Anonymous said...

What is the evidence for this dua in the Quran and sunnah?